What Is Kinesiology Tape?
- The bandage lasts with all its effectiveness between 3 and 5 days
- Reduce muscle fatigue
- Prevents muscle overextension
- Relief of muscle pain and inflammation
- Improves blood and lymphatic flow in the affected area
- Adjust muscle misalignment caused by muscle spasms and contractures.
- Prevention of injuries during peaks of high physical activity
Elaborated by the Technical Department of Calvo Izquierdo S.L.
How to quote this blog:
- Calvo Izquierdo. BLOG: What is kinesiology tape? [Internet]. Calvo Izquierdo SL. 2022. Disponible en: https://www.calvoizquierdo.es/en/what-is-kinesiology-tape/
- Kase, J. Wallis, T. Kase (2003) Clinical therapeutic applications of the kinesio taping method, 2nd edition
- Dr. Kenzo Kase, (2003) Ilustrated Kinesio Taping, 4th edition.
- Chao YW, et al. (2016). Kinesio taping and manual pressure release: Short-term effects in subjects with myofasical trigger point.
- Lyman KJ, et al. (2017). Investigating the effectiveness of kinesio taping space correction method in healthy adults on patellofemoral joint and subcutaneous space.
- Lyman KJ, et al. (2017). Effects of 3 different elastic therapeutic taping methods on the subacromial joint space.